How do I register?
When I try to register it says my phone number is
- Please insert your phone number without any spaces or
I am trying to register but I am a private individual,
not a company. How do I complete the Company Name and VAT
- Please complete the Company Name field with your own name and
the VAT field with N/A.
I have registered but can't remember my Username and/or
- You can request your username here:
- You can request your password here:
How do I filter my search?
- You can use the filter options by clicking on 'Add
filters to search', then selecting the criteria that you require
and clicking 'search'.
Can I search for video only?
- You can select options to search for only images or videos or
How do I find images from the same shoot?
- On an individual image page, you will see a box on the right
hand side featuring images from the same shoot. Click 'browse
images' to view all the images from the shoot.
How can I get help finding
What do restrictions mean?
- Criteria that can affect whether you can use an image. These
are: File size, Model release, Property release, Further Copyright
and Ownership. For further information, please refer to the Image
What does Agency mean?
- Images not commissioned by National Trust Images but provided
by freelance Agency photographers or photographic agencies. Agency
images cannot be provided for free
How do I order a physical print of an
- Please visit the National Trust Prints website at
I am trying to place an order but when I add the
- The website does not produce an invoice when you place an
order. Please place an order and we will be in touch if a fee is
applicable for your use.
I'm trying to place an order and cannot find the
- If the options don't match your required usage, then email email@example.com
and we will able to provide you with a tailored fee. After
negotiating fees, you will still need to place an order through the
How many images can I order at a
- Please limit orders to 20 images
I am trying to order a large number of images and
the website keeps crashing.
- You need to limit orders to 20 images. If you have more than 20
images in your basket, there is an option to delete items from the
I have gone through the ordering process and when
I have clicked 'Submit' I have received a message saying
- There is a technical fault with the website. Please let us know
and email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have clicked on link to order an image from the
National Trust Collections website but am receiving a message
'There was an error whilst retrieving the details for this
- The collection object is privately owned and is not
currently available to order. Please email email@example.com
and we will see whether we can request permission for you to use
What is a lightbox?
- A collection of images that you can create, edit and share with
other website users.
Downloading Images and Videos
I am a NT member of staff and there isn't an
option to download the hi-res.
- There may be restrictions on the image affecting how it can be
used. Please place an order and we will be touch advising whether
you can use the image.
How will I receive the image?
- After we have received your order, we will contact you with
instructions on how to access the image. You will need to download
the image from your account on the website by accessing your
order history. Images are not sent via email.
An image I have ordered says I have already
downloaded it but I haven't saved it and I can't click 'Download'
again. How do I access the image?
How do I pay for an image?
- We do not accept payment through the website. When you place an
order, we will be in touch with instructions on how to proceed with
the order and make payment. Payment can be made via bank transfer
or by calling our Accounts team with your credit card details. If
you are a customer based outside of the UK, we must receive payment
before we can release images for you to download.
How do I credit an image?
- © National Trust Images / Photographer's Name. The credit line
for each image can be found listed next to each image in your order