"Visitors in the laurel maze at Glendurgan Garden, Cornwall".
Image ref 177116. © National Trust Images/John Millar
In order to access all the features please register at https://www.nationaltrustimages.org.uk/register
- Click on Register in the top right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Please fill in all the fields marked *,
- Create your own Username and Password, (please limit both to a maximum of 22 characters)
- Confirm your password.
- Tick the box to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive an automated email response confirming that your registration has been received and is currently being processed.
- Your account will not be activated and ready to use until you receive a second confirmation email from email@example.com
- Login at the top right hand side of the hompeage and enter your chosen Username and Password.
- By logging in you can save selections of images to a lightbox and order images.
- If you have forgotten your username or password, you can request them via these links:
- Find images using the main Search by using combinations of words or numbers such as property names, locations, descriptions, dates or reference numbers.
- To refine your search, click on Filter Search next to the Search box and choose one or more of the filters from the options.
Looking at your search results
- Displaying search results - your search results can be displayed either with or without text. To see images without text select Image View; to see images in a list with text select List View.
- Image Rollover - Hover your cursor over an image to see the image displayed at a larger size with brief detail.
- Whilst in Image rollover, you can click on 'Restrictions' to view any further information on copyright, model release or image size issues which may affect whether you can use the image.
- Click on the image to open the Image Details page and view further information about the image including keywords, restrictions and a link to view other images from the same shoot.
- Some images have restrictions on their use. For more information on restrictions, please view the 'Image Rights' page.
- To browse images without using any specific search words, please click on the Browse Categories tab. This will guide you through our range of images and you can choose categories by subject matter or by property name.
- You need to be logged in to use this functionality.
- You can save selections of images in a Lightbox so that you can review them, e-mail them to colleagues, make PDFs of the images in the lightbox or add them to your basket for ordering.
- To create a new lightbox, search for images. At the bottom of the screen, the lightbox bar will appear. Click 'Show lightbox' then 'Create new lightbox'. Enter the name of the new lightbox and press 'submit'.
- To add an image to the lightbox, roll over the image and click on the lightbulb (add to lightbox) icon.
- The lightbox of images will now be saved in your account for you to retrieve it at a later date.
- When you are searching for images, the lightbox name that appears in the lightbox bar will be the active lightbox. Any images you add to add to a lightbox will automatically be added to the active lightbox. You can change the active lightbox by selecting one from the dropdown menu and clicking 'Go'.
- To email a lightbox to another user, click the "share lightbox" button and enter both your details and the recipient's details. This will send a weblink of your lightbox selection to the recipient's email address.
- You can move images from one lightbox to another by ticking each relevant image in your current lightbox and clicking "Move". Then select from the dropdown list which lightbox you would like to add the image to. Select the chosen lightbox and click on "Submit".
- To delete images from your lightbox selection tick the 'select image' box under the relevant image/s and click on the 'Delete images' button.
Ordering images (National Trust staff)
- Login at National Trust Images using your chosen Username and Password. Your name will appear toward the top right hand corner of the screen once you have logged in.
- Conduct a search for images or videos.
- If you want one image, click the 'Hi-res' icon that appears when you roll over the image or click on the "Download hi-res image" button if you open the individual image page, then follow the on-screen instructions. Note that this function only works for non- Agency images and images without certain restrictions.
- If you want more than one image or there is no hi-res download option, you will need to place an order. Add the image to your image basket clicking the basket icon. The icon will be shown if you roll over the image or if you open the image details by double clicking on the image. The image basket can be seen at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- The order summary page will appear showing your order number which you should keep a record of and quote in any correspondence. We will be in contact about your order as soon as possible.
Ordering (External User)
- Login at National Trust Images using your unique Username and Password. Your name will appear toward the top right hand corner of the screen once you have logged in.
- Conduct a search for images or videos.
- Add the image to your basket by clicking the basket icon. The icon will be shown if you roll over the image or if you open the image details by double clicking on the image. The basket can be seen at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- The order summary page will appear showing your order number which you should keep a record of and quote in any correspondence.
- We will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
By logging into your account you can:
- View you order history
- View and edit your save lightboxes
- Update your personal details
- Change your settings and preferences
The Photographers page tells you about our contributing photographers and displays a selection of their work.